Traditional banks are being challenged by new more-agile FinTech entrants and in the near future, they could be challenged by established brands who aren't currently in the banking space.Read More
Join us for the Young Enterprise Jersey 2017-2018 programme.
It used to be said “there's no such thing as bad publicity”, but that was in the days before social media, which allows anyone to express their opinion on anything, anytime.Read More
GDPR - Why you need to sit-up and take serious notice of data protectionRead More
Netgear seem to construct a different interface for each of their devices - even those within the ProSafe range. The M4100 range firmware upgrade process is different from other devices and not very clear in the manuals.
Here's the process to follow:
- There are different ways to upgrade the firmware, but I have used the easy HTTP browser based method. I assume the reader is able to navigate to the web interface of the switch
- Note that the links here are for the Netgear M4100-D12G (GSM5212v1h1). If you are using a different model in the M4100 range, please make sure you choose the correct software for your device
- Check to see if there is a newer version of the firmware you currently have installed
- To view your current version, on the M4100 navigate to System/Management/Device status/Firmware version
- To view latest version of firmware available from Netgear, look here.
- Download the latest version of the firmware to a temporary folder on your PC
- Right click on the zip file and select "Extract all". This will extract a *.stk file and a release notes file - read this as it contains important information
- On the M4100, navigate to Maintenance/Download/HTTP file download
- Select File type="Archive"
- Click "Select file open" and select the *stk previously extracted
- Click "Apply" (bottom right of window)
- Wait until the upgrade has completed (this can be ~10 minutes, so be patient!)
- Now you need to apply the upgrade by navigating to Maintenance/Reset/Device reboot
- Select "Save prior to reboot" and click "Apply" (bottom right of window)
- Wait for the switch to restart
- Verify that the new version of firmware has been installed by navigating to System/Management/Device status/Firmware version
I hope this helps you.
My technical config.: Windows 10/IE 11.
Recommended for you ...
Looking back at vintage technology from 1971 - the Litton 1241 computer.Read More
Looking back at vintage technology from 1956 - the IBM 5MB hard drive that weighed over a ton.Read More
Your CV is one of the most important documents you will ever write. Make sure it opens the door to an interview.Read More
Public speaking can be a nerve-racking experience, but good preparation will help your confidence, by knowing your content.Read More
Eventbrite multi-user access can be a very useful feature, but there are a few gotchas...Read More
Doe your Evernote sync show an exclamation mark error? Here's how to fix it.Read More
Why does my MHT file open very slowly?Read More
Which ability does an entrepreneur need in order to create a successful company?Read More
No sound in Cubase? Here are two tips for fixing this apparently common issue.Read More
Before you leave education, you need to prepare yourself for finding employment. You will be competing against your peers and it’s important that you stand-out for the right reasons.Read More
The upside of the recent EU-USA Safe Harbor saga is that more people understand the importance of where their data is actually stored and processed.Read More
It’s said that there’s no such thing as bad publicity, and with the recent EU-USA Safe Harbor saga, this is definitely the case. It has got a lot of media attention and has caused a lot or people to panic. However, now that it’s headline news, people are sitting-up and taking notice of where their data actually is.Read More
Innovation is one of those over-used words today, whether in the media or within corporate worlds. For many people, the term innovation has evolved to refer to ‘tech’ solutions, whether that be gadgets or apps. However, it can mean far more than that.Read More
Businesses today need to be agile in order to prosper. They need to be able to react quickly to the market, competition and their client needs. For a business to be agile, they must have agile IT ‘powering’ them. As CIO, it is all too easy to get bogged-down and distracted by day-to-day issues such as service levels and running data centres. Whilst these are all important, it is vital to be able to focus above this at the strategic planning level.Read More
Both non-technical advice and technical settings to help protect your children online. Here are some ideas for parents, courtesy of Professor Stephen Heppell and Sophos.Read More