No sound in Cubase? Tips to resolve this common issue
A common issue for Cubase users seems to be that there's no sound. This happened to me after fitting a new sound card.
My setup is : Cubase 8.5.10 64bit on MS Windows 8.1 64bit.
Firstly, check that the outputs are mapped
- Navigate to: Devices menu/Device setup/VST audio system
- At the top of the window, select the ASIO driver you want to use (see Screenshot #1).
- Click Apply.
- The selected ASIO should then appear under the VST audio system (see Screenshot #2). Click on it.
- Make sure your outputs are selected and shown as active (as in Screenshot #2).
- Still no sound? Move on to the next step.
Secondly, check that the channels are configured correctly.
- Display the Mixer window (F3 will display this).
- Right click on the fader of the first track and select 'Edit channel settings'.
- The Channel settings window will open (as in Screenshot #3).
- At the top of the window to the right of the search magnifying glass, it may say 'No target'. Click this.
- Select 'Stereo' (as in Screenshot #4).
- Repeat this for each track shown in the Mixer window.
I hope this fixes your 'no sound' issues - it did it for me.