Evernote sync showing exclamation mark error?
Is your Evernote displaying a red exclamation mark in the toolbar? This seems to be a common issue but the fix isn't that obvious, with some of the Evernote support forum threads not being answered.
The common advice seems to be to uninstall and reinstall Evernote. However, before you do that, try this. The exclamation mark can be as a result of damaged notes and no amount of reinstalling will fix that.
- Open Evernote
- Navigate to the all notes view by clicking on the 'Notes' heading in the left pane of the Evernote window.
- Hold down the Control key and click on the Sync option of the Evernote toolbar
- If there are any documents in error, they will be shown
- If you want to keep the document in error, create a new document, copying content from the old one.
- Delete the (original) document in error
- Empty your trash bin
- Re synchronise and the exclamation mark should disappear
I hope this helps you.
My technical config.: Windows 8.1/Evernote 18.104.22.16894.