IT Infrastructure Technician [vacancy now closed]
An exciting opportunity to use your skills to shape the technical infrastructure of this leading bank in the Euro-zone and a first class player on a global scale. With a presence in 74 countries and 189,000 employees. This role is based in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Ensure the IT infrastructure services are in place to ensure a reliable, cost effective service that complies with business, group and regulatory requirements.
- Status: Position appointed (closed)
- Location: Jersey
- Contract type: Permanent contract
- Eligibility: This role is based in Jersey, Channel Islands. You must be eligible to work in Jersey and have been resident in Jersey for the last five consecutive years.
- Citrix XenApp / Desktop 7.x
- HP 3Par (or similar SAN and fabric)
- Microsoft Server
- Active Directory
- VMware vSphere
- General networking principles
- Telephony – Mitel SX2000
- Microsoft SQL / Database Technologies
Qualifications & Industry Experience
- MCSA (Microsoft certified systems Administrator)
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- Deliver a reliable, cost effective service that complies with business, group and regulatory requirements.
- Second line support of infrastructure/business systems and third line support of owned infrastructure/business systems, ensuring knowledge transfer where possible to Service team and own team.
- Make approved changes and enhancements to infrastructure, ensuring at all times that they are secure, fully documented and appropriate for business use.
- Ensure IT infrastructure aspects of moves are performed in a timely and professional manner
- BCP/DR updating and technical testing, to ensure it is a viable and practical recovery location for the business.
- Deployment of server-side equipment, network equipment, software and services
- Infrastructure architectural design and changes in accordance with business requirements and group rules.
- Write and run scripts/extracts/imports/analysis as required by business
- Change management of significant changes, to ensure they are delivered on-time, within budget and with the minimum of disruption to the business.
This role is based in Jersey, Channel Islands. You must be eligible to work in Jersey and have been resident in Jersey for the last five consecutive years.